For the first time in over 20 years, our student section at Millersville University has been named the Outstanding Student Section of the Year. The student section is part of the Region VIII Central Pennsylvania Chapter.
The group was strong in all three critical requirements — professional development, research, and campus and community Involvement.
The committee that reviewed applications was impressed with the section’s submission. “The quality and quantity of research conducted by the members was outstanding along with the organization of the application and the number of technical meetings this student section participated in.” Faculty advisor Betty-Jo Bowers and the student section will receive $5,000 to fund scholarships and research.
All other student sections that qualified for the award will receive a $500 stipend from ASSP. This year we recognized 15 student sections:
- Millersville University – 1st Place
- Murray State University – 2nd Place
- Montana Technological University – 3rd Place
- Nigeria Student Section – 4th Place
- Brigham Young University, Utah
- Grand Valley State University
- Oakland University
- Oregon State University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Slippery Rock University
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Texas A&M University
- University of Central Missouri
- University of Florida
- University of Massachusetts, Lowell